Juliana's thoughts on life, motherhood, marriage and just day to day life

07 November 2006

A sigh of relief

I saw my cardiologist this evening. It was a great visit. I learned that this is not congenital and it is not a valve problem; all good things:) So, it looks like it is postpartum, meaning the strain from labor weakened my heart.
I have to have a test done asap to make sure that I do not have an aneurysm in my artery.
My blood pressure is good and my body is taking very well to the new meds. I am retaining a bit of fluid but nothing alarming at this point; no wonder my shoes felt tight:)
So I have to have the a test performed asap and as long as it comes out negative then I am good for a month and then I have another echocardiogram ( ultrasound of the heart) and than see the doc.
My cardiologist is so nice and caring and I feel very comfortable with her and I know she has my best interest in mind.
I left this appointment feeling so optimistic!
Things are going to be just fine!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is such fab news! Stay strong! Thinking of you always. Kiss kiss to the boys.

14 November, 2006 15:05

 

Post a Comment

<< Home